Website Schlumberger Limited
Schlumberger Limited is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry.
Full Job Description
Schlumberger Limited is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Account Receivables
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This position offers the chance to join the Finance team of a global leader in providing services and products to the energy industry.
- It provides opportunities for advancement in function that strives for continuous improvement and values integrity and teamwork.
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable (AR) through regular follow-up on assigned accounts, in line with departmental and personal objectives.
- Document and review the customer order to cash process and proposing opportunities to improve the pain points and increase the efficiency of the process.
- Collect outstanding invoices, gathering information on invoice disputes, and creating invoice dispute records for distribution and subsequent resolution.
- Input notes in collection system regarding submission, resubmission, and transaction approval dates so Company departments have a clear understanding of AR status.
- Record disputes in collection system and assign clear action items for the appropriate dispute owner.
- Identify delinquent accounts and take action to prevent reoccurrence and/or initiate communication with the Credit Manager, Sales and Operations to ask for assistance or escalation.
- Maintain contact with customer AP departments through collection calls, past due notices, and account statements.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including those within the Billing Center of Excellence, Sales, Operations, Tax and Treasury to support collections, proper cash application and timely dispute resolution.
- Recommend uncollectable debit balances for expense write-off, and work with Controller and Financial Analyst to clear balances from their AR portfolio.
- Research portfolios for duplicate and over-payments and submit refund requests to Collections Manager, where applicable.
- Review aged credit balances to ensure adherence to the Company’s escheatment policy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field of study
- 3+ years’ experience in Finance
- Previous experience in multinational or audit firm will be an added advantage.
Competencies & Behavior:
- Analytics & Modeling: leveraging new tools with digital enablement at his/her disposal and uses data to inform relatable, manageable, and comprehensive strategic vision
- Communicating: uses authentic communication to drive operational effectiveness; employs methods that align teams, using influence rather than command; connects individuals through multiple channels and creates a culture of feedback.
- Driving change: achieves organizational goals and embraces company initiatives with creativity, elasticity, and appreciation for own complexity; iterates to improve practice norms.
- Integrity: Operates with resolute ethical principles while seeking market outperformance; creates an environment of possibility, in tandem with a culture of quality, safety and excellence.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobgurus.com.ng.