Benue State University – BSU Courses & Admission Requirements
This is to help all aspiring students of Benue State University (BSU) with the courses offered at the university as well as their admission requirements.
About The University
Benue State University was established by the Benue State Government with the enactment of the Benue State University Edict No. 1 of 1991. The University took off in the 1992/93 academic year with four faculties, namely, Arts, Education, Science and Social Sciences. Two Faculties, Law and Management Sciences came on stream in the 1993/94 academic year with Faculty of Enviromental Sciences in the 2014/2015 academic session.
BSU Courses & Programmes
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE(S)
- BUSINESS EDUCATION
- BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND BIOLOGY
- EDUCATION AND CHEMISTRY:
- EDUCATION AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
- EDUCATION AND ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- EDUCATION AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE:
- EDUCATION AND MATHEMATICS
- EDUCATION AND PHYSICS
- EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES
- EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY/INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE
- ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT AND TOXICOLOGY
- GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING
- HOME ECONOMICS AND EDUCATION
- HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY
- INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY
- LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
- MASS COMMUNICATION
- MEDICINE AND SURGERY
- NURSING/NURSING SCIENCE
- PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
- PLANT SCIENCE AND BIOTECHNOLOGY
- POLITICAL SCIENCE
- PRE-PRIMARY AND PRIMARY EDUCATION:
- PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- RADIOGRAPHY AND RADIATION SCIENCE
- RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL STUDIES
- RELIGIOUS STUDIES
- TEACHER EDUCATION SCIENCE:
- THEATRE ARTS
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING:
- VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY, BSU UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENT
General Admission Requirements
Gaining admission into an Undergraduate Programme in BSU is basically under 2 entry method which includes the UTME entry and the Direct Entry.
UNIBEN admission requirements through UTME
To gain admission into the Benue State University in 2022/2023, UTME candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
- Candidates must have at least 6 (six) “Cs (Credits)” grades in their O’level result (s). This must include English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects related to their course of study. For instance, a Candidate that wants to study law must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics and Literature in English.
- Candidates must score at least 180 in JAMB UTME examination
- Candidates must take BSU post UTME screening examination and must perform very well in the examination (Depending on the course of study)
- Not more than ONE sitting results is accepted for admission into the Benue State University (BSU)
- Candidates must choose the correct subject combination for their courses.
- Finally, candidates must meet the stipulated cutoff marks for their courses to gain admission into the university.
BSU admission requirements through Direct Entry
Candidates who wish to gain admission through direct entry into the Benue State University (BSU) must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must possess at least five (5) Credits in their O’level result. This must include English Language and Mathematics. However, two sitting result is not allowed.
- Candidates must have also reached the age of 16.
- Candidates are expected to get JAMB Directly entry form from JAMB to apply.
- Candidates should have any of the following certificates: OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN
For more scholarship & educational updates, visit forbesng.com