Zamfara State University Cut Off Mark & How to Calculate Their Aggregate Score
We have come to know that many students find it really difficult to calculate their aggregate score and their cut off mark and it really isn’t their fault as calculating cut off marks varies for different institutions.
On this note, we have made it easy for you by giving you step by step procedure on how to calculate zamfara State university aggregate score, but before this, we are going to tell you what aggregate and Post UTME Score means and what things are to be considered before calculating the aggregate score.
About The University
Zamfara State University is a public higher learning institution located in Talata Mafara, Zamfara State, Nigeria. It was established in 2018. The university was founded and established in 2018 by the then Ex-governor of Zamfara State, Abdul’aziz Yari for the expansion of higher learning education in the state.
What Is ZAMSU Cut Off Mark?
The zamfara state university (ZAMSU) Cut Off Mark is the minimum JAMB Score point required for student applying for admission in zamfara state university.
All applicants must attain in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME or JAMB Cut off mark) and or Post-Utme/Screening Exercise in order to be considered for admission into a particular school.
So many ZAMSU aspirants have been searching online with a lot of questions as to when ZAMSU Will Release they cut-off mark or what the Cut off mark would be for 2022.
Kaduna State University – KASU Cut Off Mark & How to Calculate Their Aggregate Score
Kano University of Science & Technology-KUST Cut Off Mark & How to Calculate Their Aggregate Score
Delta State University Cut Off Mark & How To Calculate Their Aggregate Score
CRUTECH Cut Off Mark & How To Calculate Their Aggregate Score
YSU Cut Off Mark & How To Calculate Their Aggregate Score
LIST OF UNDERGRADUATE COURSES OFFERED AT ZAMFARA STATE UNIVERSITY
Below is the full details of all the undergraduate courses offered at the Zamfara State University:
- Arabic Studies
- Computer Science
- Early Childhood Education
- Education and Arabic
- Education and Biology
- Education and Chemistry
- Education and English Language
- Education and History
- Education and Integrated Science
- Education and Islamic Studies
- Education and Mathematics
- Education and Physics
- English Language
- History and International Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Mass Communication
- Nursing / Nursing Science
- Public Health
ZAMSU Jamb Cut Off Mark For 2022/2023 Admission
This post is for all those who applied for admission into ZAMSU and has been searching for ZAMSU Cut Off Mark to check if the score they had in JAMB can qualify them for admission into University Of Abuja for this session (2022/2023).
All ZAMSU Aspirants are hereby informed that the general cut-off Mark for admission into the University is 160.
This means that all those who wrote JAMB And Scored up to 160 or a minimum of 160 are eligible to buy ZAMSU Post – Utme Form and register.
This eligibility for buying ZAMSU Screening form with a minimum JAMB Score of 160 and Above also includes the all the courses offered by ZAMSU except otherwise stated by the management.
How To Calculate Zamfara State University Post UTME Aggregate Score
For example, in order to calculate your Zamfara State University Post UTME aggregate score, the formula purportedly adopted by the institution is the summing up of your UTME (JAMB) SCORE divided by 8 and your POST UTME SCORE divided by Your Jamb score is allocated 50%, Your O’level is 20% and your post-ume is 30%.
First Factor: JAMB Score
Maximum score under JAMB is 400.To prorate to 50% your Jamb score will be divided by 8 (400/50
Second Factor: O’level (WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB)
O level is calculated using the 5 core subjects(core to the course you wish to study as decided by the University) as follows:
- A1 – 6 points
- B2 – 5 points
- B3 – 4 points
- C4 – 3 points
- C5 – 2 points
- C6 – 1 points
And maximum is 30 points. The total points is then prorated to 20 through multiplication by 2/3.
Third Factor: POST-UTME
Here is the score many candidates seem to find rather confusing. Some complain of having a higher score in the POST-UTME than university cut-off points without being admitted. But what they must understand is that even if they score 100% in that exam it amounts only to 30% of the cut-off point. So their Post -Utme score is usually prorated to 30 marks using 0.3 as the multiplier
For Example: If a candidate had 202 in Jamb and his O level goes Like this: Maths-B3, Chemistry-C4, Biology- B2, English- C5, Physics-C6, Economic-B3, Geography-A1 and had 58% in the post utme. The he can calculate his composite, by following the format below:
Jamb score divided by 8 i.e 202/8=25.25
For the O level, only 5 subjects (math, english, chemistry, biology, and physics) are needed. There he has Math – B3 – 4 points, English – C5 – 2 point,Chemistry – C4 – 3 points,Biology – B2 – 5 points, Physics – C6 – 1 point Total gross points for O level= 4+2+3+5+1=15. This score is then multiplied by 2/3 i.e 15 x 2/3=10. His post utme score is allocated 30% and is multiplied by 0.3. i.e 58 x 0.3=17.4
Therefore, the candidates’ composite is the sum of these 3 scores i.e Jamb+O’level+post utme. That is 25.25+10+17.4=5 2.65 Hence, the candidate’s composite is 52.65.
Now note the 5-point gap between the composite total and what he scored in the post-utme. That 5-point gap may result in not being granted admission! Okay?
Pls NOTE that 100% used above may be equivalent to 100,200 or 400 marks in different universities.
ZAMSU Departmental Cut Off Mark
A lot of aspirants are also concerned to when the departmental cut off mark of the zamfara state university will be released.
Note: ZAMSU Departmental cut off mark is the minimum cut off mark for admission into various departments in zamfara state university.
Generally, in cut off marks, you are expected to score above or get the exact cut off mark But advantage of admission is to Score high above the ZAMSU minimum cut off mark of 160.
But generally, ZAMSU has no fixed departmental Cut off Mark for each courses because ZAMSU cut off mark is usually available after the release of ZAMSU screening or post utme admission form.
This Departmental Cut Off Marks are usually arrived depending on ZAMSU Number of Applicants and their Average Jamb Scores.
COURSES JAMB SUBJECT COMBINATION
Faculty of Science
- Biology – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, PHYSICS
- Microbiology – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, PHYSICS
- Biotechnology – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, PHYSICS
- Pure Chemistry – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
- Biochemistry – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
- Geology – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, PHYSICS
- Computer Science – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
- Mathematics – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
- Statistics – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
- Physics – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
- Electronics – ENGLISH, MATHS, CHM, PHYSICS
FACULTY OF ARTS & ISLAMIC STUDIES
- Arabic – ENGLISH, LITERATURE, CRK, HAUSA
- Islamic Studies – ENGLISH, LITERATURE, CRK, HAUSA
- History – ENGLISH, LITERATURE, CRK, HISTORY
- English Language – ENGLISH, LITERATURE, CRK, GOVT
- English Literature – ENGLISH, LITERATURE, CRK, GOVT
- Mass Communication – ENGLISH, LITERATURE, CRK, GOVT
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCE
- Accounting and Finance – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, MATHS
- Public Administration – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, CRK
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
- Agricultural Extension – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
- Fisheries – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
- Forestry and Wildlife – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Economics – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, MATHS
- Geography – ENGLISH, GEOGRAPHY, CHM, MATHS
- Political Science – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, CRK
- International Relations – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, CRK
- Industrial Relations and Personnel Management – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, MATHS
- Sociology – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, CRK
- Criminology and Security Studies – ENGLISH, ECONS, GOVT, CRK
FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCE
- Nursing – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
- Radiography – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
- Nutrition & Dietetics – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
- Physiotherapy – ENGLISH, BIOLOGY, CHM, MATHS
For more scholarship & educational updates, visit forbesng.com