Belinda Effah Biography
Grace-Charis Bassey Effah, formerly known as Belinda Effah, is a popular Nigerian actress, film producer and entrepreneur. She has made waves in Nollywood and with the course of her career going on for many years, it is fair to say that she has made her mark in the Nigerian film industry.
Grace-Charis Bassey was born Uyu Effah on December 14, 1989 in Cross River State, Southern Nigeria. Her father, Lieutenant Colonel Asido Bassey Effah, was a commander in the Nigerian Navy. She grew up in a large family because she was one of Bassey Effah’s fifteen children. On the advice of her brother while in high school, she changed her name from Uyu to Belinda before adopting Grace-Charis Bassey in 2021.
She attended Hillside International Preschool & Primary School and Nigerian Navy High School, Port Harcourt for primary and secondary education respectively. Effah then went to the University of Calabar, where she majored in genetics and biotechnology.
She made her Nollywood debut by appearing in the television series Shallow Waters which was released in 2005, shortly after she took a break from acting to join the reality show Next Movie Star. She ended the show in 5th place so she didn’t get kicked out of the house.
Belinda Effah also served as a TV presenter for Sound City, a popular Nigerian cable entertainment station. However, she left Sound City to start her TV show called Lunch Break with Belinda. This business-savvy actress is also the founder and CEO of GCB Empire, a Nigerian-based fashion and clothing brand based in Abuja.
In 2022, Iké Udé’s portrait of Effah is featured in the Portrait of Nollywood exhibition at the Smithsonian National Museum of African Art.
Belinda Effah Movies
Effah has showed in the many movies and TV series listed below;
- Java’s House
- 2012 – Kokomma
- 2012 – Mrs. Somebody
- 2013 – Alan Poza
- 2013 – Lonely Hearts
- 2013 – Misplaced
- 2013 – The Hunters
- 2013 – Cat and Mouse
- 2013 – Princess Ekanem
- 2013 – After the Proposal
- 2014 – Udeme Mmi
- 2014 – Apaye
- 2014 – Bambitious
- Bigger Ladies
- Azonto Babes
- Ojuju Calabar
- 2015 – Jump and Pass
- 2015 – The Banker
- 2015 – Stop
- 2015 – Keeping Secret
- 2015 – Luke of Lies
- 2015 – Folly
- 2015 – So In Love
- 2015 – Being Single
- 2015 – Heroes and Villains
- 2015 – Black Val
- 2016 – Lost Pride
- 2016 – Oracles Online
- 2016 – Melting Point
- 2018 – SA Girl
- 2019 – Crack
- 2019 – Bursted
- 2019 – Inside Nollywood: Chapter 1
- 2019 – The Devil Within
- 2019 – Miracle Miracle,
- 2020 – Angel and Gabriela
- 2020 – Secret Twins 1 & 2
- 2005 – Shallow Waters (series)
- The Room (series)
- 2011 – Tales of Eve (series)
She gave start to a son withinside the United States in February 2016, however, she has but to expose the identification of the kid’s father to the media.
In 2021, she introduced to the overall public that she might from that second want to be addressed as Grace-Charis Bassey in preference to as Belinda Effah. She defined that, on August 15, 2020, she had a divine come upon with God that stimulated her to alternate her call to Grace. Charis is a phrase of Greek beginning that still means “grace.”
Grace-Charis Bassey Effah Awards and Nominations
It’s handiest honest for Effah to acquire the deserved accolades for her many brilliant paintings and as Nollywood is a honest enterprise she has gotten her honest proportion of awards and nominations on severa events over the years, a number of which are;
1. In 2012, she received the Best of Nollywood Awards withinside the Most Promising Act (female) class
2. She additionally received the 2012 Golden Icons Academy Awards because the Best New Actress
3. She received the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards because the Best Rising Star
4. In the 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards, she became nominated as the Best Indigenous Actress
5. Africa Movie Academy Awards that became held in 2013 and additionally the Ntanta Award she received the Most Promising Act class for each awards
6. During the 2014 ELOY Awards, she became nominated because the Movie Actress of the Year
7. Also withinside the 2014 Golden Icons Academy Movie Award, she received the Best Supporting Actress
8. In the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards she became nominated because the Best Actress in a Drama
Grace-Charis Bassey Effah Net Worth
The stepmother of someone who has amassed enough wealth through her talent in the entertainment industry, reliable sources have estimated her net worth at $3 million.